About the Program
iQ’s internship programme provides an excellent opportunity to gain practical work experience in both legal and policy related work. The programme allows you to experience what it is like to work for iQ and help you decide whether you are suited to our culture and particular working environment. The programme also enables us to meet talented people who might go on to become our future analysts.
The program runs the whole year round and is normally for a period of 12 weeks. If you are offered a place, you will work closely with the senior associates and the partners in different work areas as the aim is for you to get as broad and comprehensive a view as possible, over this time. You will have the opportunity to interact with various associates in the firm on not only a formal basis but on an informal set up. This will help you understand the firm better and the commitment levels of the people at iQ. Part of the work of the program consists of drafting policy and corporate transaction documents, preparation of business development materials, and preparations/editing of various legal and policy papers.
- Conduct research and provide briefing thereafter;
- Drafting and amending legal documentation;
- Reviewing any client related documentation;
- Preparing reports as may be instructed;
- Attending client meetings and taking concise notes; and
- Any other tasks as may be requested from time to time
- Ability to work under a high level of pressure and stress;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and to prioritise competing deadlines;
- Ability to learn effectively and put learning into practice quickly;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing;
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills, good team player;
- Good office IT skills including Windows (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint); and
- Multiple language capacity will be a plus (especially Arabic, French, and/or Chinese Mandarin).
We welcome candidates who hold a minimum of Bachelor Degree (2:1 or above, with honours, or with a minimum GPA of 3.5) in law, economics, international relationship, political science, and/or business related disciplines. Undergraduate students who are exceptionally talented will also be considered.
How to apply
For those interested in this program, please email your CV, certificate/qualifications, educational transcripts, writing sample and two references to email@example.com